
As a strong believer in the value of physical exercise to keep me healthy, I was ready for a new physical challenge in my life and was thrilled to learn about the Mt Adams trip. Since I value the mission of Team Survivor, I saw the fundraising aspect as a meaningful challenge as well.
I experienced the benefits of physical exercise with a group of strong women when I went through chemo in 2006. I have been rowing three mornings a week with Conibear, a women's masters team, since 2005 and I know there were times during treatment that the cameraderie is what "got me through". I was originally diagnosed in 2001 and since that time have lost two sisters to breast cancer. Although folks might assume it is a genetic trait, I seriously doubt it is in my case since my female ancestors lived to a ripe old age. I grew up in an orchard area with crop dusters and a bag of DDT on my porch and have grave concerns about what we have done to our environment.
A seasoned real estate sales person with Windermere Real Estate in Madison Park, I have worked in Seattle's in-city neighborhoods for more than twenty years. I am a gardener and having moved this past winter, I am in the process of building a new garden. Can't wait for some very fresh and local produce as I do enjoy cooking from the garden. I am the proud mama of two quasi adult children. My daughter a student at RISD and my son a recent Brown graduate. An empty nester and recently single, I am experiencing dating for the first time in more than 25 years. Advice and inspiration welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment